Art: A Passion, A Pleasure, A Discovery …
- Painting is a world without any limit or borders.
- Watercolor expresses light and spontaneity. It is fresh, quick … and sometimes frustrating.
- Oil is a universe in itself – every day, every painting, every brush-stroke almost, makes you discover a new region, a new country, a new continent.
- Drawing is the key to the world of art. What can be done with a piece of paper and a chunk of graphite is astonishing – it is expression in its purest form.
- This website features our works divided into OIL PAINTINGS, WATERCOLORS and DRAWINGS.
- Each tab allows you to enter our studio (if you are patient!) – pictures are all clickable for a better rendition.
- We hope you enjoy your visit and leave us some comments: Appreciating art is a matter of feeling – there is no good or bad, only interest and personal reaction to what you see. We are all totally free.
They once said …
- Painting is 90% brainwork and 10% brushwork. (Me)
- Painting is like golf; the fewer strokes I take, the better the picture. (John Marin)
- Most people think I paint fast. I paint very slowly. (Claude Monet)
- Happy are the young people who believe that it is easy. (Claude Monet)
- I don’t paint how it looks, I paint how it feels. (Robert Wade)
- Ich finde die Bilder schlecht die Ich begreifen kann. (Gerhard Richter)
- Above all keep your colours fresh! (Edouard Manet).
- Painting is a source of endless pleasure, but also of great anguish. (Balthus)
- When you start a painting, it is somewhat outside you. At the conclusion, you seem to move inside the painting. (Fernando Botero)
- Its an aggressive business, or occupation. I like how Adorno explained it: you can’t put pictures together. Paintings are always “mortal enemies.” That’s the correct term. It has to do with destruction. Each painting is an assertion that tolerates no company. (Gerhard Richter)
- Painting from nature is not copying the object; it is realizing one’s sensations. (Paul Cezanne)
- Draw, Antonio, draw – draw and don’t waste time! (Michelangelo)
- Painting is an essentially concrete art and can only consist of real and existing things… an object which is abstract, not visible, non-existent, is not within the realm of painting. (Gustave Courbet)
- Painting is a visceral experience, one loaded with subtle information. Only Cezanne could get away with a system. (Wolf Kahn)
- Each brushstroke is precious, never to be repeated. (Brian Knowles)
- A man paints with his brains and not with his hands. (Michelangelo)
- “When you go out to paint, try to forget what objects you have in front of you, a tree, a field. Merely think, here is a little square of blue, here an oblong of pink, here a streak of yellow, and paint it just as it looks to you, the exact color and shape, until it gives your own naive impression of the scene.” (Claude Monet)
- La lumière est la seule réalité. (Robert Delaunay)
- Vous ne pouvez rien faire dans l’art sans passion. (Marcel Salinas)
- Si vous pouviez le dire avec des mots, il n’y aurait aucune raison de le peindre. (Edward Hopper)
- Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. (Scott Adams)
- Un ton seul n’est qu’une couleur, deux tons c’est un accord, c’est la vie. (Henri Matisse)
- La couleur surtout et peut-être plus encore que le dessin est une libération. (Henri Matisse)
- The most perfect technique is that which is not noticed at all. (Pablo Casals)
Drop us a line ….